This week’s post is a review of my review of blogging in 2016. After careful scrutiny and studying the insights provided by WordPress’ awesome dashboard; here is what I learnt!
- My About Me is my top performing page. To be honest, the most viewed one IS my Home Page, but as per unique views, About Me trumps the rest. I am delighted because it means taking the time to reflect on myself and my writing habits is paying off!!
- Our adventure and travel posts topped the list with Chicago Sports Museum, Gingerbread Day and the Apple Picking Series: 1, 2, and 3 being the most viewed.
- Photo posts fared better than regular posts with Walk in the Park, and Way to Go…! on top of my chart.
- Book Reviews also generated lots of engagement- Likes and Comments galore. My top ones were: Food of Love and Why Mars and Venus Collide .
- I was also overjoyed when the author of the book I reviewed [Einstein Prophecy] commented on my post! Yahoo! And while this was a 2015 post, it did boost my traffic this year!
- Posts I wrote in response to the prompts at the Daily Post also garnered a lot of attention. Or and Journey for quite a few views and comments. Yippee!!
- There were also a very interesting fact that I learned. It was something that I suspected: but now I have proof! That my Mom and grandparents follow this blog very keenly! They were my top commenters and spiked up my traffic so much that country-wise, India leads the charts on every aspect. Visitors, Commenters, Views, Days, Months, Years- you name it: India was perched there at the top. While I am happy and flattered, I am also well aware that they just read the blog to get more pics of T’s antics (even though I send daily pics on WhatsApp!)! And my mom, to check if I am complaining about her darling granddaughter! 😦 Nevertheless, it is awesome to have people who love you so much, they put up with your mediocre writing and amateur photos and still proclaim publicly that it is wonderful! Thanks, you folks!
- Most of my clicks came from people who Follow this Blog! I really want to thank you all so much. Your views, comments and likes keep me going and accountable- to write every week no matter what. In fact, when I missed posting in the middle (45 posts in 52 weeks), and apologized on this blog, I got quite a few responses. That post titled Sorry! leads the pack on this blog and serves as a huge source of inspiration for me! Thanks again people, for your support and perspectives and encouragement.
2017 is a fresh year. Being a year older, and as am finally over thirty (and not almost as I stated the whole of last year!) – a year wiser: I hope to learn from all these insights and data and all that writing. With great hopes of growing as a person and blogger, I am all revved up to write more and better and possibly even more, in this new year!
Wishing all reading this post (or skimming, no problems)- a wonderful hear ahead! Until the next post, Adieu!