My mantra for 2015… It’s been nine days and I did not even realize that I have not decided on a mantra for the year. Ouch!
I have been changing my ‘About Me’ page every year since I started this blog in 2012. And while reading that static page and chuckling on some of the things I first wrote, I came to the realization that I had a mantra for 2012, 2013, 2014 and none for this year. What??? I know. So, I need to think of one word or phrase that will be an apt summation of all the things I aspire to do, all the skills I hope to master and all the flaws I seek to improve on. Or at least try to improve on.
I like to linger on this phrase/word because it gives me a boost and helps me stay focussed on my goals for the year. I am still racking my brains to think about how I started this. I do not remember who wrote it but I do recall that I read it somewhere. If you do know, who coined this concept, please let me know in the comments and I shall give full credit.
As for the resolutions for the year, I have simple challenges again for the year. I always want to do so much, hence I tackle all but in simple steps. He-he. It’s fun and it at least gets me on the way to wherever I want to get in life. Plus, the wonderful advantage of pivoting as needed without too much regret or effort. But I digress, here is the list.
- Read 20 books.
- Post every week.
- Cook healthy.
- Get toddlerT ready for pre-school. (and myself mentally! she probably wants to go already)
- Use social media in a more disciplined fashion.
- Change my draft novel (from Nanowrimo) to complete. My mom, sis and Hubby want to read it. Who knows, I might even publish it one day.
- Start exercising regularly.
- Stay on top of my ironing- my one major housekeeping pain point.