I’ve been tagged in this game by fellow blogger Vandy. Here are the rules of the game:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There are no tag backs.
Seemed like fun, but I have been so late in posting it, that I am just answering the game and not tagging any one in it. Though I am adding questions I’d ask if I were following the rules properly. And thus, here goes:
11 Things About Me:
1. I talk a lot. It becomes worse when I am nervous.
2. Books and music are my addiction.
3. I started growing my hair long in college.
4. I am mad about accessories- earrings, finger rings, bangles and bracelets, handbags. The brighter and bigger, the better!
5. For all my outlandish ways, I am actually quite prim and Victorian in character. I am one of those grandmotherly types who lends a sympathetic ear and doles out free advice.
6. Am mad about junk food. There is a slight technical hitch though, my tummy can’t handle too much of it.
7. My engineering major was Electronics.
8. I am always ready to pose for the shutterbugs.
9. My cooking is mediocre; compared to Hubs, it is awful. ( he is an amazing cook)
10. Only the library is complete in my imaginary dream house. I am clueless about the remaining rooms. 😦
11. I am one of identical twins.
My answers to the questions set :
1. What is your favourite post in your blog and why ?
How I walked in with One Love and walked out with Two.
It’s about Hubbyji and Books- my favorite people/ things in the world. Needless to say, it’s wins hands down over any other blog post.
2. What is your favourite song/movie ?
Mamma Mia is a great movie with all my favorite Abba songs. There are others equally amazing, but this one first came to mind.
3. What’s the reason why you love blogging ?
I like writing. I love reading, if not actually listening, to other people’s views and perspectives. Blogging helps me do all that at one go.
4. Suggest me a good book or movie !
I watched the Bollywood movie Kahaani recently. It was quite good.
Among books, I’d suggest Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot. The amazing thing about the novel is that the story unfolds via emails. So, all the characters, situations unfold via what I had till then considered boring emails.
For more literary goals, Daddy Long Legs is an all time favorite.
5. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever come across in your life ?
People who keep strange pets. Though I suppose different people have different likes.
6. What’s the one thing that you regret doing ?
Not keeping a diary in my childhood. It would have been fun to leaf through it now.
7. Who is your inspiration ?
My Mom. She is always optimistic, ever smiling and totally upbeat about life. No matter what life presents her, she makes it seem like a splendid opportunity to do something awesome. I find it inspiring that she maintains this attitude despite getting married at eighteen, having unruly twins (me and my sis) at nineteen. She breezed through her post graduate studies, now holds a doctorate degree, and all the while has headed a college as well. She is my one shining light when I feel glum.
8. Your secret ambition ?
Finishing one NaNoWriMo challenge. After writing this, it’s not a secret anymore. 🙂 I did participate this time this time. So, it’s a great start.
9. Tell us a new fact or info which others don’t know much about.
I was morbidly afraid of escalators till my husband cured me. Okay, so he literally dragged me up and down escalators in one Express Avenue Mall in Chennai. But hey, after an hour of doing it, I could actually do it, WITH shopping bags.
10. Create your own question and give an answer to it.
What is my favorite season? Monsoon.
11. Favourite historical figure ?
Questions I set are:
1. What is your favorite season?
2. Describe your speech/ style of talking.
3. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?
4. Name one place you want to visit.
5. Books or movies. Which do you prefer?
6. Where will you be this Christmas?
7. Name one habit that annoys you intensely.
8. Write one quote that always inspire you.
9. List your hobbies.
10. Are you talkative or reserved?
11. What is the one thing you never go out without?